[lbo-talk] is law enforcement a way to raise money for localeconomies?

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Wed May 9 20:46:21 PDT 2012

On Thu, 10 May 2012 03:00:43 +0000 (UTC) 123hop at comcast.net wrote:

> Now's the time to remind everyone of the classic "Repo Man" --
> available in the cult section of your video store or from Netflix.
>
> One of the characters says "Have you ever noticed how driving makes you stupid?"

I think the exact quote is 'The more you drive, the less intelligent you are'. Spoken by the immortal Harry Dean Stanton's character, whose name I forget.

> In my mind, one of the main problems of driving is that it gives people the
> illusion that they're free.

Yessss!

-- --

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com http://cars-suck.org

When one does a foolish thing, it is right to do it handsomely.