[lbo-talk] is law enforcement a way to raise money for localeconomies?

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Thu May 10 19:16:19 PDT 2012

Michael Smith writes:

> I noticed, when I stopped wearing a helmet, that drivers
> treated me less aggressively. Panniers also help, for some
> reason.

I notice that people who don't wear helmets tend to treat cycling less seriously -- they are the first to blow stop signs and weave through slow traffic; maybe what you're seeing isn't that people are being less aggressive, but that they have become afraid of you and what you might do.

You don't wear a helment; what other dumb, unsafe things are you up to?

/jordan