[lbo-talk] is law enforcement a way to raise money forlocaleconomies?

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Thu May 10 23:52:26 PDT 2012

> Ah, helmets. The subject banned from many a bicycle listserv.
> Jordan's reaction demonstrates why.

I can only talk from my own experience. I have a friend who I practically grew up with, and with whom I've shared many experiences. One thing I shared with him was an nearly identical bicycle accident. Within 8 months of each other, we both had the exact same stupid thing happen: someone opened their car door right in front of us. In both cases, the door was without a frame, and in both cases the window was rolled down. In both cases we went ass over teacups, somehow biassed to the right, and rolled over the hood of the car. In both cases we had multiple significant lacerations on our arms and legs. In both cases we finished our crash by slamming our heads into the curb. My Bell helmet was cracked in a way that made it need to be replaced. Alex, alas, didn't need to replace the helmet he wasn't wearing.

/jordan