[lbo-talk] Graeber's latest...

Sean Andrews cultstud76 at gmail.com
Fri May 11 05:39:06 PDT 2012

On Friday, May 11, 2012, Doug Henwood wrote:

> On May 11, 2012, at 7:41 AM, Wojtek S wrote:
>
> > an anarchist is a neoliberal without money
>
> I don't think that's really true, but there's something to it, and it's a
> great line.

Agreed. It is sort of a stretch but elements of the two are quite similar.

I tried to make an argument about this some time ago, though I'm sure there are plenty of others who have done it better.

http://onculturalproperty.blogspot.com/2011/05/autonomists-austrians-and.html

It is sort of like shooting fish in a barrel as I am mostly addressing Hardt and Negri, this being before Graeber began his long moment in the sun. The latter might have more to offer than they do in terms of actual substance. I haven't read Hardt and Negri's new Kindle book, but I'm confident the ratio of form to substance remains about the same.