[lbo-talk] is law enforcement a way to raise money forlocaleconomies?

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Fri May 11 08:25:11 PDT 2012

On Fri, 11 May 2012 06:59:40 -0400 Andy <andy274 at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's funny you describe the differences. Over New Year's I took a
> trip to Italy and France that involved a lot of expressway driving,
> and I marvelled at how civilized it all was. There were the standard
> expectations (slow drives right) and they were followed. I don't
> think there was any particular appeal to chaos, but it just went
> smoothly, somewhat to my surprise.

Yeah, expressways are pretty much the same the world over, modulo the local motorist asshole quotient (very high in most of the US). Expressways are car-centric by nature and designed to move lots of 'em at high speed.

What I was thinking of was city streets, particularly in smaller towns.

-- --

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com http://cars-suck.org

When one does a foolish thing, it is right to do it handsomely.