[lbo-talk] Graeber's latest...

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri May 11 13:24:04 PDT 2012

On May 11, 2012, at 3:54 PM, Adam Proctor wrote:

> Graeber seems to get worse with every article... David: stop. Just stop, now.

He's gotten extremely thin-skinned. He went ballistic on Henry Farrell (of Crooked Timber) a while back, just way out of proportion to what Henry had said. And he went medieval (ha, in the vulgar sense) on me on the Twitter because I'd objected when he claimed that there was some unprecedented turn in police repression going on. I pointed out that the history of the USA is a history of very violent cops and he accused me of all kinds of things, including thinking he's a moron, which he is most emphatically not. He may be stressed by his fame or something.

Doug