[lbo-talk] Wolff and Hedges

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Sat May 19 13:42:10 PDT 2012

Good speech by Richard Wolff from January 2012. He explains why collapse in Greece is such a big deal, from such a tiny poor country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgmiIXDBaHo&feature=related

The explanation is that Greek debt is the weak link in a chain of debts and finance around European countries where most of the debt is held by French and German banks and magnified by CDS also held in US banks. I have to wonder what blew up at JPMorgan this week. Are these connected? I have no idea whether any of this is accurate or not.

The other guy I listened to much of the day was a book interview with Chris Hedges. So here is that link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zotYU21qcU&feature=related

What makes Hedges so effective is his lengthy stays in the Middle East in the middle of wars and failed national systems.

CG