[lbo-talk] Glen Ford on privatization of education

Quinn Hechtkopf quinnhechtkopf at gmail.com
Sun May 20 13:34:31 PDT 2012

I'm entering the NYC Teaching Fellows program this year. Everything I read about the teaching profession is daunting and depressing. But I'm still quite excited.

I had seen Street Fight, the academy award nominated documentary about Cory Booker's 2002 campaign for Mayor of Newark. AFAIK, the film doesn't specifically mention where his campaign funding comes from -- certainly not from the charter school cheerleaders. So this lecture really put a damper on the optimism that I got from that movie.

Quinn