[lbo-talk] Wisconsin witch hunt

John Wesley godisamethodist at yahoo.com
Wed May 23 02:48:48 PDT 2012

Welcome to WI !

El pueblo armado jamas sera aplastado!

________________________________

From: Joshua Morey <amvojo at gmail.com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 11:18 PM Subject: [lbo-talk] Wisconsin witch hunt

Am I silly for being alarmed about this?

A right-wing group, the members of which "want to remain anonymous for fear of retaliation," has devised a witch hunt and, in so doing, schooled hipsters in the true meaning of irony. http://gazettextra.com/news/2012/may/22/crg-tied-anti-teacher-flier/ (out of Janesville WI, a small city between Madison and the WI/IL border)

<<... At the bottom of the flier is a "Parents' Rights Protection Form" urging parents to send it to Superintendent Karen Schulte and request that "my child be assigned to a classroom taught by a non-radical teacher during the 2012-2013 school year."

When asked about comments regarding "radicals" and taking students out of classes, Seymer said he did not have any input on the content of the flier.

The flier does not say what its authors mean by "radical," but it does include information directing people to a website listing state residents who signed the petition to recall Gov. Scott Walker...>>

I would like to scoff at this, dismiss it, and think it won't amount to much but I'm not sure we (public ed. employees in WI) have the luxury of treating it lightly.