[lbo-talk] Bill Clinton's speaking fees

John Wesley godisamethodist at yahoo.com
Wed May 23 09:10:57 PDT 2012

I can't think of ANYTHING that he could say that would be worth even 250 mills! A similar and very common abuse of the public trust occurs in the case of ex-government workers who are able to command high salaries in the pivate sector merely because they have acquired, at significant public expense, a security clearence.  There are numerous headhunters who specialize in finding individuals holding such clearences.  To prevent this potential for abuse, the holding of those security clearences should be definitively terminated upon leaving Government.   Mike G.

El pueblo armado jamas sera aplastado!

________________________________

From: Shane Mage <shmage at pipeline.com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2012 9:54 AM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Bill Clinton's speaking fees

On May 23, 2012, at 9:48 AM, Wojtek S wrote:

> James L: "Exactly what could Bill Clinton say to any of these groups that would
> be worth 250K? All I can think of is that his speeches boil down to
> telling them how what they're doing is great, keep it up, here's how
> to do it more. Is that really worth the asking price?"
> [WS:]  I think you got it all backwards.  It is not Clinton who does
> the talking but the bankers who fork over 250 grand a pop - as in
> "money talks bullshit walks. "
> In other words it is a bribe aka "political contribution" disguised as
> a fee for service.

Actually, it's both: a fee for services performed while President and a bribe for services performed by his wife as Senator and Secretary of State.

Shane Mage

"Thunderbolt steers all things." Herakleitos of Ephesos, fr. 64