[lbo-talk] Rob Johnson on the economists� collective guilt

// ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Wed May 23 14:33:21 PDT 2012

On May 23, 2012, at 4:51 PM, Doug Henwood wrote:
> On May 23, 2012, at 4:41 PM, Jordan Hayes wrote:
>
>> Jim Farmelant writes:
>>
>>> If someone were to shoot, say 95% of the economists in the USA
>>> (leaving aside a few exceptions like Mike Yates, Mike Lebowitz,
>>> and perhaps, Sam Bowles or Herb Gintis), the world would be a
>>> better place.
>>
>> Can you name a profession for which that kind of thing isn't true?
>
> Doctors & nurses. Physicists. Nannies. Bus drivers. Etc.

I am a pacifist, so I don’t call for shooting people (other than project managers :-)), but I think shipping 80% of doctors(*) off to a remote island where they can perform conflicting diagnoses on each other would be a signal advance!

—ravi

(*) you could identify the 80% by whether they know how to spell Bayes Theorem or not.