[lbo-talk] Assange talks to two other jailbirds

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Thu May 24 10:58:44 PDT 2012

Below is a link to a Julian Assange interview with Nabeel Rajab and Alaa Abd El-Fatta. The former is from Egypt and the latter from Bahrain. They are both under somekind of house arrest and waiting trial. These guys are really good at explaining what the feeling is rather than the program. Their conversation will sound very familiar to some of the Occupy groups. They show the listener how to open the future, rather than foreclose it. We (me in the US) can learn a lot from these guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEORj7DZ42I

I have to add, they pretty much captured what I was hoping while watching, last year. I was also surprized to learn that Bahrain plus US (and AJE) suppression of news has been pretty effective in not showing news of various demonstrations and events in Bahrain. Alaa Abd was funny to add, that since the regime banned foreign news and foreign civil rights organization, the Bahrainis became their own news and their civil rights advocates.

CG