[lbo-talk] Just naked

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Tue May 29 19:47:22 PDT 2012

Notes on an action flick, Drive. Very cool LA fare.

To get to the aquaducts find White Oak and nose around the baseball field behind Victory. You'll find an old entrance which you can take all the way to spill out where the `nature' pool must be at the Sepulveda dam.

There are unknown dislocations. For example you can not see Century City from anywhere in the Valley. Maybe Van Nynes B. has changed but that is about all you can see from Ventura. The cheesey franchise diner where the blond chick works looks a lot like Hollywood Carolina Pines. Is it still there? It could also be a place on Victory in Van Nynes, something like Denny's. I'd be astonished.

The hallway interiors are classic wood frame doors with varnish and moulding from the 1930s and don't exist in the Valley. Maybe some re-hab place on Alvarado.

Anybody who hasn't rebuilt a engine in their appartment hasn't lived in Los Angeles. Marijuanna, carbutorator cleaner fumes, and some spray paint cans can't complain about cancer.... Pollution did me. Say what jive?

I love this movie because it has it all. Sleeze, gore, heart, and deep freeze command of the auto. The essential LA values.

CG