[lbo-talk] Tweeters, Twitterers and Twats

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Wed May 30 06:41:19 PDT 2012

The Topkapi museum in Istanbul - which used to be the Ottoman sultans' palace - has one passage way in which, the visitors are told, the sultan would throw coins for being picked up by his waiting concubines as he was passing to his chambers.

This is the quintessence of tweeting - it makes sense only if the power relation between one who tweets and ones who follow resembles that between the sultan and his concubines. Bits and pieces that are given off are of value only if one who gives off is in a vastly superior position to those who pick up these bits and pieces. Otherwise, their value is that of piece of trash being thrown away.

This is why I refuse tweeting.

Wojtek