[lbo-talk] Hitchcock trailer

Chuck Grimes cagrimes42 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 00:38:43 PDT 2012

Just from memory, without looking anything up, yes it did change my, I don't know what, sense of what movies could do. Anthony Perkins was phenomenal, cross-dressing as his dead mother(?) down in the basement.... and stabbing what's her name to death in the shower. (Viven Leigh?). The shot of her face bleeding out in the warm water, and the way her pupil dialated like the water going down the drain...

This was some high art horror. I've completely forgotten the story line...something about the motel from hell. It lived up to its hype, and I got to see it in some big theater in Hollywood.

I also liked his last (I think), Frenzy. It's played slightly camp which has the odd effect of making the action even more strange. Good old Bob the produce man....red haired freak of nature. Another mamma's boy gone bad.

Just watched the trailer with Hopkins and Mirram. Looks great.

The other night I watched Ridley Scott's Prometheus. Lots of flaws, mostly in casting, but that's okay since most of them die anyway.

It was a great touch to make the big alien look like a Greek god. The deep frozen, high altitude landscape gave the flick a great sense of hostility and isolation. The `production' values were top, but too bad the cast wasn't

CG