[lbo-talk] Inequality: The silly tales economists like to tell

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Fri Nov 2 03:50:49 PDT 2012

At 12:59 PM 10/31/2012, Carrol Cox wrote:
>Emergency room doctors usually look dead tired -- & shag wrote recently on
>insurance companies determining time spent with patients.

and woah. while they make a good salary, not only that but totally deskilled. They have these computer systems as the big chain hospitals now. The thing just generates a list of pills to buy - everything from aspirin to tumeric (yeah the spice) to whatever prescription drugs they think you need.

In spite of explaining that I was in training, working out 10+ hours a week to get ready for some endurance rides this fall, dude just wrote it down and promptly forgot it.

Computer said, "Based on patient profile, it's recommended she get 2-3 hours of exercise per week,"

So doc says, "Based on your blood work, your inflammation markers are up. You need to get more exercise."

*sigh*

I fucking gave up and said, "Fuck these jokers. If I croak from high blood pressure, it is not for lack of having a good time."

That i am, next spring, I'm going to ride three centuries AND a 200 miler from the mountains to the beach! LOL