[lbo-talk] "Fiscal Cliff"

Curtis Vaughan ckirov at riseup.net
Mon Nov 12 15:05:30 PST 2012

I was going to write to Doug, but then I realized why not ask the whole LBO list.

I've been rather skeptical about this whole "fiscal cliff" talk in the press. All the more so anything my local Seattle Times deems critical is probably not. In fact it's quite interesting that the words are always put in quotes. As if to say, "the so-called 'fiscal cliff'."

Over the past week I recall listening to one person express why he believed it a crock, and then there was an article I read, in which another chap expressed skepticism over the reality of any fiscal cliff.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen and can't seem to find an article to the affect that yeh, this is in fact all hogwash or a ploy, but which analyses the reasons why it is. Anyone seen such an article that is worthy of attention?

Thanks.