[lbo-talk] Food stamp use rises

Dennis Redmond metalslorg at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 12:58:25 PST 2012

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 1:57 PM, Jordan Hayes <jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com>wrote:

> ... wherin we learn that college students were specifically eligible for
> the program in Michigan because they were attending school. So now
> Michigan is changing their rules to save some money, and this is labelled
> "abuse" ...?

As someone who had to depend on foodstamps for a month this summer:

1. The benefits are tiny. This shambles of a former Empire spends more on Pentagon paperclips than the entire food stamp program. 2. The qualification process is designed to break and humiliate people. Wait in line for hours, attend meetings, hear over and over again that it's your own damn fault for not having a job. The system is designed by the 1% to piss on the 99%. 3. I should note the social service staffers themselves are kindly, decent people. But they have no control over how the program is run.

-- DRR