[lbo-talk] Food stamp use rises

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Tue Nov 13 16:14:53 PST 2012

I couldn't agree more. No doubt, in some universe making off with a couple of hundred of dollars in food stamps is the equivalent of avoiding millions of dollars in taxes or ripping off 99% of the country....because they are both "corruption." But that wouldn't be my universe.

It's like not giving money to beggars because you think they're secret millionaires or because, god help us, they'll buy a drink.

Joanna

----- Original Message ----- I don't really care about whether there's some "abuse" of a program to help the poor by someone not quite poor enough. I care about abuse of all the rest of us by the 1 percent who own, what 40 of the wealth in the country? It mystifies me why people don't care about the exploitation of workers and the poor by the rich.

Sent from my iPad