[lbo-talk] on Doug's latest show, Galbraith

Tony Rolfe mr.tony.rolfe at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 07:31:55 PST 2012

Circling back to Galbraith vs. Rogoff...

This turned into MMT vs. Rogoff. The problem I have with this (framing) is basically that one side (MMT) asserts that monetary mechanisms, lack of a gold standard, read your Marx, "if you only understood MMT" etc... basically means that this time it's different.

And Rogoff''s book is called This Time It's Different.

I would score that for Peterson and the boys in terms of PR.

I think most people would relate better to a solution that plays to the interests, incentives, and obtainable policies that exist already.

The austerity camp has its stuff together on that front.

Dennis: thanks for the Varoufakis tip. He has contributed a lot of good stuff in recent years.