[lbo-talk] The death of cursive....

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 26 14:31:56 PST 2012

The ability to read historical documents isn't "reading cursive." It's paleography and it's been a specialty pursuit for ages. And many of those who spend serious time in archives will tell you studying paleography in a seminar is pretty useless because there's no way to cover everything you'll encounter in the documents you'll see. You just have to dig in and learn on the job.