[lbo-talk] Marvin Miller

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 28 12:00:56 PST 2012

>From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>

>His later baseball thing seemed like an instance of the cultural elite getting down with the masses via the National Pastime, in the style of George Will. Yay, Miller.
>
>Doug

When it comes to baseball, George is semi one of our own, so he says anyway:

"55, 56 million people pay to get into ballparks every year. Not one of them buys a ticket to see an owner. I happen to be a semi-Marxist in this field, I believe in the labor theory of value. The players are the labor, they create the economic value. They ought to get the lion's share of the rewards."