[lbo-talk] Death penalty

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 4 21:36:35 PDT 2012

What Doug said at the beginning of this thread is important:

> In the US - can't speak for anywhere else - the love of the DP is a symptom of a barbarically punitive approach to everything.The revival of the DP in the mid-1970s was a sign of a rightward
repressive turn, and the fight against it is a fight for a somewhat more decent society.

Here's Clint Eastwood in an interview on newsstands now:

> "There's not a guy in the world that wouldn't want to drop the hammer on them," Eastwood said of death row inmates. "But in our society you have certain people trying to analyze what we give them for lethal injection. What's the difference? Battery acid would be fine."

That speaks for itself.

Eastwood is blissfully unaware that there are plenty of people who "wouldn't want to drop the hammer." This group includes not only those close to the death penalty victim, but also people close to that victim's victim(s).

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/victim-resources