[lbo-talk] This time it's a September Surprise on Romney

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Fri Oct 5 09:51:36 PDT 2012

On Oct 5, 2012, at 11:14 AM, c b wrote:

> Max B. Sawicky
> http://t.co/sAJCWzQ Could Joe Scarborough be more of an idiot? I
> think not.
> Scarborough: Jobs Numbers 'Don't Add Up'
> huff.to
> MSNBC's Joe Scarborough repeatedly questioned the methodology of the
> unemployment rate during Friday's show following the announcement that
> the rate had dropped from 8.1 to 7.8 percent. Scarborough was part of
> a broader trend of conservatives questioning the jobs figures.

There were 114,000 more people employed--much less than the number in the age-cohort entering the labor force. So yet another increase in the real unemployment rate gives Obama the headline that unemployment fell! Why in the world anyone would question the methodology used to produce such a useful number escapes me.

Shane Mage

The communist creed: From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.

The capitalist creed: From each according to his gullibility, to each according to his greed.

Joe Stack (1956-2010)