[lbo-talk] "Citizen," Concept of was Death penalty

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Oct 5 10:25:16 PDT 2012

Shane makes a good point. It has become clear that in building a mass movement in the U.S. it is essential to make _resident_, not "citizen," the name of the left constituency. Has someone mentioned the barbarism of denying convicted felons their rights as citizens.

Carrol

P.S. Chris Sturr is of course right on this; his point about "life without parole" is particularly important. Some years ago I raised this question with a RC Sister in a forum on the death penalty, and she actually couldn't understand what I was talking about.

On