[lbo-talk] catastrophism

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Oct 14 05:46:46 PDT 2012

Dennis Claxton

> Carrol wrote:
>
> > What left organization holds to the view described here? What important
left
> writers?
>
> I'm thinking that's what the book is about, no?

Probably. But the blurbs give no hint as to the parameters of "left" used in the book. So it's a pig in the poke. Was Rosa Luxemburg a catastrophist?

I can't even tell from the blurbs what the authors mean by "catastrophe." The 20th-century as a whole was a fucking catastrophe. Has anyone ever made a serious attempt to count the dead?

Carrol