[lbo-talk] The very foundations of Western Civilization are shaking... can´t even trust Matt Groening.

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 08:51:08 PDT 2012

All great innovators stand on the shoulders of giants, like Newton said. Genius is socially constructed.

Charles

.. 123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net

What's the diff? Shakespeare cribbed almost everything. Originality is overrated.

If you've never seen his little collection "School Is Hell," I highly recommend it.

This, I pasted on my dissertation

http://tinyurl.com/9zdosyg

Joanna

----- Original Message ----- The very foundations of my belief system are shaking.

If I can no longer trust Matt Groening who the f __ can I trust, then? ;-)

Was Matt Groening’s Homer Simpson inspired by a mid-1900′s Swedish cartoon? http://twentytwowords.com/2012/10/22/was-matt-groenings-homer-simpson-inspired-by-a-mid-1900s-swedish-cartoon/

The good news: the Internet makes it easier than ever to expose copycats and similarities... regardless if the item in question is a cartoon character, a politician´s speech, a book or a scientific study...

FC