[lbo-talk] on circumcision

John Wesley godisamethodist at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 3 22:42:37 PDT 2012

It's at times such as these that I'm reminded that Magellan once circumcised the globe with a few clippers (lol). Mike G.

El pueblo armado jamas sera aplastado!

From: Michael Smith <mjs at smithbowen.net> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Monday, September 3, 2012 7:28 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] on circumcision

It really amazes me that this topic provoked -- or should I say 'aroused' -- so much comment.

But I suppose anything to do with people's genitals is, pardon the expression, a hot-button issue.

I remember Abe Rosenthal, of the New York Times, in his dotage became a great friend of the clitoris, and felt strongly that backward Muslims, less friendly than himself to the little man in the boat, ought to be bombed into the stone age for their retrograde practices.

There's always a subtext, isn't there?

-- --

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com http://cars-suck.org/