[lbo-talk] Cast of "Reds"

John Wesley godisamethodist at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 6 09:25:25 PDT 2012

The Lenin artifacts probably passed into the hands of one of the the many on-line dealers who specialize in Soviet-era relics.   Interestingly, I did see a typewriter, purportedly used by Rudolf Hess when he took down Hitler's in-prison dictation for "Mein Kampf", go on auction for several thousand Euro a few years ago. Mike G

El pueblo armado jamas sera aplastado!

From: andie_nachgeborenen <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com> To: "lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org" <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Wednesday, September 5, 2012 6:48 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Cast of "Reds"

Well, they must have put them back up, then, because last I was there they were down or coming down. They shut the Lenin Museum off Red Square decades ago. I have no idea what they did with the typewriter on which he was said to have written Imperialism, or his armored Rolls, or his underwear. And they renamed Leningrad back to St. Petersburg, what, in 1991? I think the polls consistently show that Stalin remains more popular, though both of them decreasingly so.

Sent from my iPad