[lbo-talk] Open letter from Ismail Hanneya to Occupy Charlotte protesting the DNC: 'We salute you'

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 06:01:54 PDT 2012

"... Our struggle against Israel and its massive, high-tech military bought and paid for by US taxpayers will not be defeated. Today there are more than nine million Palestinians who are stateless—six million of them are refugees living in camps throughout the Middle East. More than three million of us live under apartheid. The West Bank remains occupied by Israel's army; Gaza remains blockaded. Despite this, we have no choice but to resist and demand our rightful position at the table of nations. Palestine will have justice, and it will need people of good conscience in America to stand up for us, and for the truth. Your presence and your voices there in Charlotte give American voters an alternative to the corrupt narrative of US power—you say, there is another way, there is another story, and you challenge the official secrets and lies of this government.

"The American political process is now a global process—and we watch it from our corner of the world, waiting for some sign of change at the top. But meanwhile, it is the growing force from below that gives us hope. This movement is a global movement--our numbers are vast, we are legion, and we do not forget ..."

http://mondoweiss.net/2012/09/open-letter-from-ismail-hanneya-to-occupy-charlotte-protesting-the-dnc-we-salute-you.html