[lbo-talk] Lefty library of pdfs

andie_nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 10 21:23:36 PDT 2012

Cranky today, aren't we? But seriously, is it a problem for writers who do expect to be paid for their work, a totally reasonable expectation, if writers who don't allow their work to be disseminated for free? One would expect that publishers would be in your corner on this one. Obviously they'd rather keep your share if they old, but they don't benefit, except in a loss-leader sort of way, if they aren't paid either. So, if the writers on this thing are mostly here voluntarily and have the rights to permit it, is it a problem for the ones who don't? The only thing I can think of is the concern that people would pass up on, say, a copy of Wall Street (new edition, can we hope?) that someone paid for in favor of a lesser but free e-copy of a lesser work?

Sent from my iPad