[lbo-talk] Lefty library of pdfs

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at aapt.net.au
Mon Sep 10 21:43:11 PDT 2012

At 10:55 PM -0400 10/9/12, Doug Henwood wrote:

>> http://ebookcollective.tumblr.com/archive
>
>I was just denouncing this shit on Facebook. How are publishers
>supposed to pay writers and editors if stuff is given away for free?
>I hate this idiocy.

Hmm. Perhaps the problem is the writers who expect to get paid for their stuff, when material conditions tend to favour it being given away for free?

No doubt Gutenburg was similarly denounced: "How are publishers supposed to pay the people who hand-script copies of books onto vellum, if books are being run off in their thousands on this new-fangled printing press???!!!" ;-)

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas