[lbo-talk] "tool" as insult?

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 07:18:42 PDT 2012

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 12:32 AM, <123hop at comcast.net> wrote:

> I keep meaning to ask, why is being a "tool" a bad thing?
>
> I mean, tools are good things.
>
> It seems that the implication is that the "tool" is stupid. Or is it that
> it's being manipulated by someone?
>
> Anybody know where it all comes from?

Yes, a wiki-dictionary. ;)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tool

--- One who lacks the mental capacity to know he is being used. A fool<http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fool>. A cretin <http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cretin>. Characterized by low intelligence and/or self-steem. "That tool dosen't even know she's just using him." ----

FC

-- During times of Universal Deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un Acto Revolucionario - George Orwell