[lbo-talk] Reihan Salam on Reuters: How the Occupy movement may yet lead America

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 18:01:06 PDT 2012

(About which David Graeber comments on Twitter: "Great. Now I'm an ism.")

"Occupy's enduring significance lies not in the fact that some small number of direct actions continue under its banner, or that activists have made plans to commemorate 'S17' in a series of new protests. Rather, Occupy succeeded in expanding the boundaries of our political conversation, creating new possibilities for the American left.

As our slow-motion economic crisis grinds on, it is worth asking: How might these possibilities be realized? ..."

http://reut.rs/PCvqZi