[lbo-talk] Changae: Desirable? RE: Lefty library of pdfs

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Sep 15 16:10:46 PDT 2012

I've always argued that, except for the necessary elimination of capitalism (of wage labor and sale of commodities) most if not all change is undesirable. This seems an example of my point. The appearance of a technology that made piracy simple was bound to eliminate copyright in practice.

Also relevant: Teachers are more important than "the kids." In supporting teachers (including university faculty) we support the production of new work. And however "new work" is supported, most of it will be useless, so it is no argument against supporting university faculty that most of them produce nonsense. The price of the useful is the proliferation of the useless.

Carrol