[lbo-talk] Leftist books and copyright violation (was: Lefty library of pdfs)

Dennis Redmond metalslorg at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 13:04:25 PDT 2012

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 1:15 PM, Angelus Novus <fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com
> wrote:

> MR Press took a real chance on a good book by a writer virtually unknown
> in the English-speaking world, and from what I understand it's selling
> quite well, but I wonder how many sales have been lost because of the
> "gimme" attitude of people immediately asking for a free PDF of a book
> that's been out for barely two months.

Would be glad to buy official, but millions of us debt-slaves are completely and utterly destitute. I haven't been able to afford a single official work of media since I maxed out my student loans in 2009. I was lucky enough to find work as an adjunct instructor, which means I make enough to get one solid meal per day, but for millions of people like me, it's torrent or no access at all.

-- DRR