[lbo-talk] [Marxism] Freedom of Speech

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 09:33:07 PDT 2012

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 5:59 PM, michael perelman < michael.perelman3 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was struck by the need to protect the freedom of speech of the

provocative anti-Muslim film and the energetic efforts to remove the
> pictures of the breasts of the English.

You're conflating very different legal systems. US free speech protections aren't perfect, but the UK has nothing that comes anywhere close to comparing with them. To wit:

A teenager has been found guilty of posting an offensive Facebook message

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-19604735