[lbo-talk] Is Iphone mostly white?

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 15:46:54 PDT 2012

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 10:33 AM, Dennis Claxton <ddclaxton at earthlink.net>wrote:

Except in Florida, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Oklahoma, West
>>> Virginia, and Missouri.
>>

> Oh yeah. Forgot Arkansas.

I use "the South" in the classical sense. I'll grant you the first four, plus Arkansas; the other three aren't us (unless we want to reopen the file on the Constitutionality of West Virginia: http://www.wvculture.org/history/statehood/cabinetopinions.html).

I know the Confederacy lodged a spurious claim to it, but doesn't everyone consider Missouri Midwestern? As for Oklahoma, if you're going to stick us with that, you might as well go all the way and give us Nevada too! Arizona and New Mexico would make more sense (but don't get any ideas).

Florida's pretty much its own planet these days, but I guess it's nevertheless ours.