[lbo-talk] Do teachers in the US of A make more than an electronics factory worker?

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 04:13:56 PDT 2012

There´s something odd about this ad from the Missouri lottery. (yes, it´s Flash based)

http://s0.2mdn.net/ads/richmedia/studio/5166392/22165469_1347471984431_960x600.swf

JPEG screenshot: http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/4/shecouldbeateacher.jpg

"You could be a millonaire. She could be a teacher...:" (pic of a woman with a seemingly electronic circuit in her hand at what looks like a factory background)

Not to mention the fact that the ´circuit´ she´s ´assembling´ on a breadboard seems like taken out of a high school "understanding electronics" project (one led and some caps, and lots of wires ;).

I thought teachers in the USA weren´t exactly well paid... ;) or perhaps I´ve watched too many episodes of The Simpsons... So do electronics factory workers dream of being teachers?. Or is this a marketing department´s dream of the real world?. ;)

FC