[lbo-talk] Do teachers in the US of A make more than an electronics factory worker?

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 15:56:26 PDT 2012

On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 7:44 PM, Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

> From a slightly different (and long range) perspective: Why should an
> electronics factory worker make less than a teacher?

I had no idea of the comparative wages, so thanks for providing some context.

I forwarded the ad because I couldn´t possibe imagine an electronics assembly line worker having the lost dream of being in front of a classroom. (when I read "teacher" I think elementary school, not secondary/university ed.).

So, "she could be a teacher" yes. She could also work at a gold mine. But would she *want* to?. ;)

FC