[lbo-talk] Ex-UK leader Margaret Thatcher dies

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 07:59:39 PDT 2013

Their neoliberal politics may have been similar, but socially they were somewhat different animals, I think. Thatcher got most of her of support

from the technocratic middle class in the UK and Europe. Reagan, otoh, got a lot of support from the white working class, that used to vote Democratic. In other words, Thatcher's supporters were motivated mainly by class concerns and aspirations, whereas Reagan's supporters - by racist ones.

Wojtek