[lbo-talk] Social security on the chopping bloc?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Apr 10 15:19:33 PDT 2013

Doug writes:

> I keep being surprised by the continual surprised. He's been talking about
> this sort of thing for years. Just this morning, I watched his brief talk
at the
> opening of the Hamilton Project (a Bowles-Simpson-Rubin-Altman thingy
> hosted at Brookings) - that from 2006, before he even had to think about
> compromising with Republicans in Congress. These are his principles. He's
> not Paul Ryan, but he and Ryan need each other, even if Ryan doesn't know
> that.

---------

THESE ARE HIS PRINCIPLES! Any other explanation is actual connivance with the forces of Austerity.

All the other posts in this thread seem pure lunacy to me. Doug says it _all_ here. How can we expect masses of liberals to catch on when self-labeled radicals mutter about political minutiae, with no recognition of the point Doug makes.

And it's happening throughout the capitalist world: The Liberal Parties in the lead in crushing the last fragments of Social Democracy.

It will get worse and worse. Only mass struggles on a scale never approached before can, perhaps, stop it.

Please. No more nuanced analysis of Obama's tactics, motives, etc.

Carrol