[lbo-talk] No rights for Tsarnaev?

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Mon Apr 22 11:57:56 PDT 2013

The neo libs like the cops and army quite a lot.

If the state guaranteed any social rights it was because of worker actions or the imminent threat of such actions.

Joanna

----- Original Message ----- Joanna: "Interesting to note that the more dictatorial power the state claims, the more it loses legitimacy."

[WS:] Which is very unfortunate, because it only strengthens the neoliberal assault on the state. People seem to forget that the only thing that kept them insulated from working 16 hours a day in sweatshops with no benefits, protections, rights or guarantees of any kind was the state. I can understand that libertarians espouse such views, after all, scratch a libertarian find a Repug, but lefties? But then, most of the so called radical left today is of petite bourgeois provenance and sensibilities, hence the appeal of neoliberal anti-statism and anti-institutionalism in general.

Wojtek