[lbo-talk] "healing process"

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 04:37:30 PDT 2013

I take your point about student victory against administration, but I don't think an academic discussion of Zionism is a good idea. Every nation has founding mythology and most nations were formed by imposition of central authority over others. Debating this is just academic hair splitting. A far more useful thing is discussing different plans for solving the current situation outside the box of establishing Palestinian bantustan. And while the treatment of Palestinians in Israel is deplorable, it pales in comparison to how people are treated next door. There are double standards here. Israel is judged by higher standard of democratic state and condemned while its Arab neighbors are judged by the standard of autocracy and left of the hook. If we're are concerned about human rights violations let's focus on worst abusers not on easiest targets.