[lbo-talk] Free people making free choices....

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 04:07:37 PDT 2013

Joanna quoted : "Bangladesh may or may not need tougher workplace safety rules, but it's entirely appropriate for Bangladesh to have different—and, indeed, lower—workplace safety standards than the United States."

[WS]: I do not understand why you are reading such trash, Joanna. This drivel is written by a professional provocateur and its sole purpose is to grab attention and enrage people like you. It is equivalent to saying "fuck" in a polite company. This is the intellectual commodity produced by a significant share of the chattering class in this country. Life is too short to pay attention to such shit - it only makes you angry and raises your blood pressure. It is much healthier to watch birds or listen to classical music.

This, btw, reminds me of an old joke. Two Jews meet at a news stand in Berlin ca. 1930. One picks up a respectable liberal daily, the other one - a rabidly anti-Semitic tabloid. Seeing this, the guy who picked up the liberal daily says: "I do not understand why you are reading such trash."

The other one replies: "In your paper it says that Jews suffer persecution all over the world, in my paper it says that Jews secretly run the world.

I prefer the good news."

Wojtek