[lbo-talk] Contradictions of contemporary working class consciousness

Chuck Grimes cagrimes42 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 11:13:18 PDT 2013

Yeah, well the unions have to figure out an answer to the question.

Why should I support a union where the members make twice what I take home?

I don't ask these kinds of question, but that is nearly a universal sentiment--and a valid one. So, unions will get a lot more support even solidarity if they can put up a good answer. The answer has to be some form of We Fight For You, and prove it in action so it can be pointed out when somebody asks the same question again and again.

CG