[lbo-talk] Contradictions of contemporary working class consciousness

JOANNA A. 123hop at comcast.net
Wed Aug 14 16:23:33 PDT 2013

And yet everyone expects everything on the internet to be free, and it doesn't have the same impact...

Joanna

----- Original Message ----- Against Empire). Fred Hampton said:

> First you have free breakfasts,
> then you have free medical care,
> then you have free bus rides,
> and soon you have FREEDOM!
>
> Guess this is why the FBI murdered him.

It also helps explain why and how the strong arm of neoliberalism devoted its entire machinary ideological, and material (institutional) power to erase these ideas from the revelation of ontology down to their grits of practice. It was so successful that even people who should know better are flabbergasted if you propose anything in the universe as free X. Free wheelchair repair almost caused a major cardiovascular incident of an entire meeting I was in...

I couldn't help laughing. Yeah, let's get real here ... I thought social welfare meant to provide needed service to people who couldn't afford it.

CG