[lbo-talk] Contradictions of contemporary working class consciousness

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Aug 14 19:51:12 PDT 2013

Carrol: " All serious mass movements, whatever their stated goals, have only one goal: freedom, and that goal is defined in the process of seeking it."

Joanna: " Agreed. But wouldn't that be characterized as an anarchist position?"

Well, I'm not too concerned with labels. But I think this is reasonably consistent with Luxemburg, the Panthers, Ellen Meiksins Wood, & Tamas. If that is anarchism, so be it.

Carrol

P.S. It is seriously worth considering just why the FBI was willing to go to such extremes to "crimnalize" the Panthers. It wasn't merely racism, though that probably made it easier. The Breakfast Program scared J. Edgar shitless.