[lbo-talk] Check your privilege?

Bill Bartlett william7 at aapt.net.au
Fri Aug 16 21:07:30 PDT 2013

On 17/08/2013, at 11:15 AM, michael yates <mikedjyates at msn.com> wrote:

> if she had to choose between the cats and me (there were at that time about 20 cats, three dogs, two ferrets, and a bird), which would she pick. She unhesitatingly said, "the cats."

There is virus that cats can pass to humans that, apart from causing miscarriages and the like, is also akin to a kind of mind control. Tests have shown that infected rats are less inclined to try to escape from the cats.

So it probably isn't her fault, she is almost certainly infected with the virus, there is no other rational explanation for keeping 20 cats alive. (The only good cat is a dead cat. They are vile filthy creatures, which we would do well to exterminate.)

As for the main thrust of your post, you don't need to take that shit. Having a job that pays a comfortable income doesn't make a person a capitalist, quite the contrary. Needing to have a job to live comfortably makes you working class. Maybe you should have taken the opportunity to try to educate the people trying to guilt you.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas