[lbo-talk] Check your privilege?

andie_nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 18 05:26:43 PDT 2013

Nothing. You miss nothing. As usual. This is a move intended to end conversation and assert the speaker's authority, which s/he has in virtue of group membership rather than superior knowledge, information, reasoning, or argument. You, at this point, as a female type person, are entitled to tell me, a white male, to Check my privilege,which is supposed to shut me up. You, in turn, can be trumped by a black disabled lesbian, since you are an able bodied straight person of European extraction. In fact, birth.

Sent from my iPad